Executive Assistant - 6 Month Contract role
Intercept is an exciting new bio-pharmaceutical company, with Headquarters in the US. We plan to be the credible partner in progressive, non-viral Liver Diseases to physicians, patients, payers and the broader scientific community. As Intercept continues with commercialisation in 2018, we are creating a European organisation full of people who are committed to bringing new innovation in Liver Diseases, and we are looking to appoint an exceptional Executive Assistant to join our International Headquarters in central London, on an initial 6 month fixed term contract basis.
Reporting directly to the Head of NASH Launch Planning INTL, the Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a rapidly growing environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and globally oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organisational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. This role will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
This position also provides complex administrative support functions for various departments within the UK, London Affiliate, ensuring efficient office operations and has the ability to work independently. Strong initiative, follow through and the ability to recognise the bigger picture is essential for this position.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily:
- Responsible for heavy calendar management utilising Outlook.
- Experience with support of remote management and team members
- Where required, prioritise and screen emails for senior leadership
- Coordinate meeting arrangements:
- Schedule meetings with internal and external groups as needed - including organising all meeting logistics (availability of attendees, meeting rooms and equipment, online conferencing via WebEx and catering as required)
- Preparation of agendas and pre-read documentation prior to meetings
- Ability to autonomously compile clear minutes and action-lists from meetings
- Follow up of action items and filing of meeting notes utilising SharePoint cloud based system
- Working with Procurement to coordinate contracts and PO’s
- Working with Finance to track budgets for monthly reporting.
- Assist with creating/editing executive level presentations as may be required
- Assist with travel needs in accordance with Intercept Global travel policy (air, hotel, car, visa, etc.) via the International Travel Agent / Concur On-line booking tool
- File expense reports using online system Concur Expense
- Work closely with Senior Executive Administrator and assist with input to, and processing of, any improvements or changes resulting from admin team meetings
- Back up to other administrative assistants across the International Region
- Handle confidential material effectively and discreetly
- Establish, update and maintain departmental files (paper and electronic) and records
- Screen telephone calls, take messages, redirect calls, and respond to routine inquiries regarding departmental business.
- Type and format confidential and non-routine documents
- Act as an “ambassador” for Intercept when interacting with the external environment
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Excellent organisation and multi-tasking skills
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure in a composed manner
- Requires an eye for detail to sense check accuracy in written documentation (e.g. email / meeting invitations / correspondence)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person
- Ability to work effectively across a matrix organisation
- Ability to work independently and prioritise with minimal daily instruction
- Ability to think strategically in order to improve current processes
- Ability to work in a pro-active manner whenever possible
- Ability to demonstrate a genuine interest and curiosity for all aspects of the business and consequently prioritise and input accordingly
- A strong sense of personal accountability is essential
- A willingness to operate in a fast paced environment with considerable ambiguity
- A sense of energy and fun is certainly desirable
- Significant related specialised administrative experience
- Prior experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical company is desirable
- College degree preferred
- Demonstrated exceptional MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Usual business working hours (9.00am to 5.30pm). Must be flexible as the business requires for urgent issues and communication with US affiliates
This is a unique opportunity, working for a highly innovative organisation, where you will contribute to the continued development of Intercept’s International organisation as we continue our first product launch across Europe.